One of the best places in the world to ride. No doubt.
Rent your top quality bike in Montefusco Cycling and ride some of the following tours suggested.
All bikes with carbon frame and Shimano 105 maximum quality.
You can do it by yourself or you can ask for a personal guide that will allow you to enjoy the ride since the very first moment, don't worry about anything, your guide will do it for you!
1) Compulsory to ride beside Costa Brava, the road from Tossa de Mar to Sant Feliu de Guixols. One of the best roads of whole mediterranean coast.
|Tossa de Mar (Picture Sergi Ros de Mora)|
2) Ride along the sea front in Barcelona, from Sant Adrià del Besos to Hotel Vela. Ok, that's a bike lane. But such a bike lane. Barcelona is amazing. It's not just about riding but also about visiting iconic places, enjoying safely the charm of one of the mots amazing cites of the world.
|Barcelona sea front (Picture Sergi Ros de Mora)|
3) Autumn in Montseny mountain. A classical ride to enjoy this mountain close to Barcelona is climbing Santa Fe del Montseny and Coll Formic. In a fantastic loop about 95 km long you can enjoy the views, the sounds and the smell of the woods and the mountains. Specially recommendable in Autumn, where the colours of the trees and the leaves give a magical touch to the landscape.
|Autumn in Montseny (Picture Sergi Ros de Mora)|
4) Sant Pere de Rodes and the road to France. Such a ride. Let's begin from Roses, let's climb Sant Pere de Rodes by Vilajuiga, descent to Port de la Selva and afterwards continue direction France crossing villages as Llançà, Colera, Portbou. Then in France in Banyuls sur Mer and go back to Catalonia through Col de Banyuls, really steep!
|Descent to Port de la Selva (Picture C Montefusco)|
5) The hardest climb: Turó de l'Home. Catalonia is also the Pyrenees, but the hardest climb of Catalonia is quite away from them. It is in the Montseny mountain. 25 km to ride from Sant Celoni to get more than 1.700 metres height. What about the views over there?
6) Montserrat mountain. The iconic holy catalan mountain means a lot for Catalan people. It is not only about the meaning but also about the beauty of the mountain that changes as you surround it. Different, magical, rounded shapes. Furthermore, it is very steep, a real challenge for anyone, no wonder lots of people go there in pilgrimage on foot or by bike to thank the black virgin for any gift she has done.
|Cycling Montserrat (Picture Sergi Ros de Mora)|
|Mare de Deu del Mont (Picture C.Montefusco)|
8) La Cerdanya. This is a particularly nice area among Spain and France, in the heart of the Pyrenees. In winter, it's a paradise for skiiers, but as snow melts and nice weather arrives it becomes a paradise for cyclists, and specially for climbers. You can climb to skii stations as La Molina, La Masella, Lles de Cerdanya, Les Angles, Puigmal and even Ascou-Pailheres, where Tour de France has arrived many times lately (2003-2005-2007-2010-2013). Obviously you can also find some steep climbs hidden over there as Talltendre.
9) Which is the first catalan col that snow covers in winter? La Bonaigua. More than 2000 mts high, welcomes skiiers in winter and challenges riders in summer. A real pirynean col to be discovered from any of its sides: Viella or Llavorsí.
10) A secret road Tour de France discovered in 2009 is the climb to Serraseca. In the famous stage Barcelona-Andorra ridden that year, there was a first category climb in the middle of the stage, it was the climb to Serraseca, where now you can find a statue remembering that fact.